Hollyhollows Weddings & Events
Terms and Conditions for Venue Hire
- Your Contract is with Hollyhollows Weddings & Events, Cefn Coch, Welshpool, Powys SY21 0AY
- In these terms, “venue” means the venue at Hollyhollows where your wedding is agreed to be held, “wedding” also means (where applicable) civil partnership or celebrant wedding.
BOOKING AND PAYMENT TERMS
- An initial non-refundable deposit of £500 will be required once your function date and approximate guest numbers have been agreed. Hollyhollows will then email you your booking confirmation /contract and the date when your total balance is due.
The remainder of your balance is required no later than 90 days before the event.
- We appreciate that on occasions family and friends may wish to contribute to the cost of your wedding and make some payments on your behalf. We are more than happy to accept such payments, but please note that unless it is agreed otherwise with you in writing you are legally responsible for any payments due to us.
- Any breakages and damages to the barns, glamping pods, outdoor equipment/ornaments, gardens, seating areas or house will be invoiced directly to the couple after the event.
CANCELLATION by YOU
- If you wish to cancel a confirmed booking, you must do so in writing and the provisions in the next paragraph shall apply
- The initial non-refundable deposit of £500 will be retained as a cancellation fee if cancelled no later than 90 days before the date of the event.
- Between 90 days to the actual date of your wedding the cancellation fee will be 100% of the event cost.
VENUE DETAILS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Hollyhollows seats 45 guests for the Wedding Ceremony, if the ceremony is a licensed service, then this number includes 2 registrars, the couple getting married, a photographer and a member of the management, this is required by Powys Council Health & Safety and Fire Regulatory laws.
- All service providers must have relevant licences, so please ensure this before you book them.
- Again, due to wedding licence laws, no alcohol will be served to guests 1 hour prior to the wedding commencing.
- Again, for licensed weddings, 1 hour before the ceremony the wedding licence will be displayed in a window or doorway of the venue
- If you have hired the venue for the wedding day only then access to the venue will be allowed from 8 am on the actual day.
- Access to the venue’s grounds (unless private areas) will be allowed throughout the day and night
MUSIC and ENTERTAINMENT
- Hollyhollows allows personal playlists, live bands, or DJs. However, we will just need to discuss the acoustics of the barn with your supplier, so you will get the best sound on your day.
- All music at Hollyhollows must finish by 11 pm and guests to vacate the barn by 11.30 pm.
- A Surcharge of £500 for every half hour that the music is played, and the guests remain in the venue or grounds, due to local planning laws (except for guests staying in the onsite accommodation) will be added to the client’s account and will be payable within 7 days.
- Fireworks aren’t allowed at Hollyhollows due to the animals that live here or that surround us in the fields.
HEALTH and SAFETY and ANTISOCIAL BEHAVIOUR
- Hollyhollows has a completely zero-tolerance policy regarding illegal activities, vandalism, and rude abusive behaviour towards the owners or any of their representatives. Illegal activities will be reported to the police straight away. Rude and abusive guests will be asked to leave the venue and grounds with immediate effect.
- Hollyhollows is a beautiful, private country house therefore we ask all clients and their guests to behave and treat the house, venue, and grounds with respect. We ask you not to enter any fields containing livestock.
- Only the lighting of the fire bowls (if staying in the on-site accommodation) is allowed, do not light any other fires this includes the use of Chinese lanterns which can frighten livestock and set fire to dry areas on our land and the adjoining countryside.
- Dogs are allowed at Hollyhollows, but they must be always kept on leads
- Smoking is not allowed inside any of the buildings or near the wooden buildings, there will be a designated smoking area if required.
- All children are regarded as the responsibility of the clients and the children’s parents. All children must remain within the entertainment area and be always supervised. Please be aware we do have a stream. For the safety of the children, and the privacy of owners, please ensure that the children aren’t left unsupervised in the grounds of Hollyhollows.